The Whatcom Museum Foundation and the Whatcom Museum Advocates are delighted to host a brand new event, Contemporary Craft 2017: ARTWEAR | CRAFTWARE, September 22-24, 2017.
The show brings 60 artists from across the region to show and sell their outstanding, unique handmade work in the Lightcatcher building of the Museum’s campus in Bellingham WA. Works of the highest quality will be on view in the categories of clothing, jewelry, glass, ceramics, wood, sculpture and mixed media. The Whatcom Museum is a Smithsonian Affiliate, therefore it proudly uses as a model the Smithsonian Craft Show, the most prestigious event of its kind in the United States.
The three day affair has several components:
- A celebratory party opening the show on Friday evening
- Two days of shopping for the public on Saturday and Sunday
- Luncheon with informal modeling at Ciao Thyme restaurant on Saturday
- Raffle for chances to win artworks and wonderful experiences
- Online auction starting a week before the show
- Juried Gallery in Old City Hall displaying the unique juried pieces
More information coming soon!